informa
/
2 MIN READ
News

Bioshock Leads Xbox 360 Revival In UK Charts

The release of the Xbox 360 Elite console in Europe has coincided with a resurgence of Xbox 360-exclusive titles in the new UK individual formats chart, lead by 2K Games’ Bioshock, which became the second fastest selling 360 title ever in the UK.
Although much milder in effect this year than most, the traditional UK summer games drought has been brought to an unofficial end by the release of 2K Games’ Bioshock on Xbox 360 and PC. With the game’s level of success apparently coming as a surprise even to its developers, the title has become the second fastest selling Xbox 360 game ever in the UK, behind only Gears of War. Bioshock accounted for 58 percent of all Xbox 360 full price unit sales this week, with 88 percent of overall sales on the console and the remaining 12 percent on PC. Despite this, the PC version entered at number four in the new top forty organized by individual format sales, while combined sales of the title topped the traditional all formats chart. Blue Dragon, the other new entry in the top ten this week, has also proven a surprise hit in the UK, where Japanese style role-playing games have often struggled to find an audience. With THQ’s MotoGP ‘07 debuting at number twenty the new releases coincide with the release of the Xbox 360 Elite console in Europe, although as usual no hardware sales data has been made available for it or any of the other formats. Despite being one of the Xbox 360’s strongest showings for some months, with a total of five entries in the individual unit top forty, the charts are still dominated by Nintendo format releases, with sixteen Nintendo DS games in total and nine Wii games. The PlayStation 2 though is reduced to just four titles, with the PlayStation 3 on three – including new entry Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 at number thirteen, one place above Resistance: Fall of Man. The PC has two titles in the top forty and the PSP one (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories at number twenty-five).
TWLWTitlePublisherFormat
1NEBioshock2K Games360
22Dr Kawashima's Brain TrainingNintendoDS
34More Brain Training from Dr KawashimaNintendoDS
4NEBioshock2K GamesPC
51Wii PlayNintendoWii
63Pokemon DiamondNintendoDS
7NEBlue DragonMicrosoft360
85Transformers: The GameActivisionPS2
96Pokemon PearlNintendoDS
1010Mario Party 8NintendoWii
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2007. ELSPA Ltd

Latest Jobs

Disbelief

Hybrid, Cambridge, MA or Chicago, IL
5.31.23
Quality Assurance Lead

Bladework games

Remote (United States)
5.18.23
Senior Gameplay Engineer

High Fidelity, Inc.

Remote
6.2.23
Game Interaction Designer

Fred Rogers Productions

Hybrid (424 South 27th Street, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
5.19.23
Producer - Games & Websites
More Jobs   

CONNECT WITH US

Explore the
Advertise with
Follow us

Game Developer Job Board

Game Developer

@gamedevdotcom

Explore the

Game Developer Job Board

Browse open positions across the game industry or recruit new talent for your studio

Browse
Advertise with

Game Developer

Engage game professionals and drive sales using an array of Game Developer media solutions to meet your objectives.

Learn More
Follow us

@gamedevdotcom

Follow us @gamedevdotcom to stay up-to-date with the latest news & insider information about events & more