Hey game makers, don't forget: the Game Developers Conference is returning to the Moscone Center in San Francisco, March 19-23, 2018, and conference organizers are currently accepting talk submissions!
Specifically, officials are open to pitches for talks that would be a good fit for the Virtual Reality Developers Conference @ GDC (or just [email protected]), GDC Summits, and the Game Career Seminar through Friday, September 29th at 11:59 pm Pacific Time!
Today we want to quickly highlight the GDC AI Summit, which is designed to present panels and lectures from top game AI programmers, designers, researchers, and AI enthusiasts in the industry.
Organized as a collective effort by the AI Game Programmers Guild, this event promises to give you an inside look at key architectures, techniques, and issues within successful commercial games, as well as let you eavesdrop on conversations, debates, and rants on how game AI can move forward. This summit is targeted toward the intermediate to advanced programmer who wants deeper insight into the world of game AI. Additionally, designers, animators, and other content creators whose work touches AI systems of all types will find invaluable insights and lessons from the speakers.
The GDC 2018 AI Summit is currently welcoming submissions on AI-related topics such as:
- Postmortems of the AI in recently released (or soon to be released) games - especially with a focus of "challenges faced... and overcome!"
- Advancements and improvements in AI architectures (e.g. behavior trees, planners, utility systems, MCTS, etc.)
- New architectures and approaches for AI-related problems (e.g. data-driven, modular systems, etc.)
- AI authoring tools
- Improvements in navigation and avoidance algorithms
- Animation control through AI systems
- Multi-agent coordination in tactical, strategic, or social situations
- Use of AI for content generation in games
- Use of AI for gameplay management, pacing, etc.
- Non-traditional uses of AI in game development applications (e.g. tools, debugging, etc.)
- AI for narrative generation and chatbots
- AI in VR, mixed reality, and AR
- Experimental AI designs
Note that this is, by no means, an exhaustive list of suggestions. All submissions of presentations that involve the use of AI techniques in games will be entertained!
Of course, the AI Summit, all other GDC Summits, and [email protected] will be held March 19-20, 2018 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. The Game Career Seminar takes place in the same location on Friday, March 23, 2018.
So if you want to GDC 2018, submit your talk now! (For [email protected] 2018, click here.) For more details on the submission process or GDC 2018 in general visit the show's official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Americas