The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Dublin, California
Systems Designers work closely with all disciplines (especially the art and engineering teams) to design, implement, and balance game mechanics to a high degree of polish. We are interested in all levels of experience, from junior to senior designers.
- Conceptualize and drive designs from paper to final system architecture
- Level scripting and setup using script-based languages like UE4 Blueprint
- Collaborate with Gameplay Engineers on developing global gameplay mechanics
- Work within the design team to support global and level-specific systems needs
- Author system documentation for circulation within the studio and with development partners
- Employ rapid prototypes, implement and present regular onscreen deliverables of all systems
- Evaluate features needed to improve and streamline implementation of gameplay systems
- Gather and act on game balance feedback with the aim of creating the best experience for all players
- 2+ years of industry experience working in games a plus
- Hardcore gamer and daily gaming enthusiast
- Combat and character mechanics: knowledge of game animation and game feel a big plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or other demonstrable skill at organizing large datasets
- Working knowledge of C++ a Big Plus!
- Identifies system design issues and creates solutions
- Working knowledge of Unreal & Unity a big plus!
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling program
- Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to change
- Ability to shift focus as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.