In a week of multiple new releases, Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII-2
topped the UK software sales charts ahead of a couple of other big-name Japanese franchises.
For the week ended February 4, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, the latest in the Final Fantasy
series managed to finally knock FIFA 12
off the number one spot.
Other new releases also fared well, including Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
at number two and Soulcalibur V
at number five.
Elsewhere, Battlefield 3
climbed back up the charts with a 47 percent increase in sales week-over-week, while multiplayer shooter rival Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
stuck around at number seven.
It's notable that this is the first top 10 chart in a while to not include any Zumba Fitness
games at all -- indeed, both the original game and the sequel dropped out of the top 10.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
2. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
3. Battlefield 3 (EA)
4. FIFA 12 (EA)
5. Soulcalibur V (Namco Bandai)
6. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
10. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy XIII-2
topped Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart, while the Xbox 360 version sat in a close second.
The chart was dominated by new releases, with both versions of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
sitting at numbers three and four, and Soulcalibur V
for Xbox 360 landing in at number five.
1. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, PS3)
2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, Xbox 360)
3. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami, Xbox 360)
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami, PS3)
5. Soulcalibur V (Namco Bandai, Xbox 360)
6. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft, Wii)
7. Battlefield 3 (EA, Xbox 360)
8. Battlefield 3 (EA, PS3)
9. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, Xbox 360)