The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Technical Artist, Evening Star
Location: Los Angeles, California
Evening Star is a boutique game studio founded in late 2018. Our mission is designing fresh, fun games which will stand the test of time.
For us, being a “boutique” game studio has a specific meaning. Every member pursues a goal to help create great games. With that driving approach, and a proprietary engine and tool set, Evening Star has developed an innovative workflow which minimizes the barriers between ideas and execution.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join the team.
- Help in designing and implementing advanced graphic assets and effects into the game such as shaders, particles, effects, etc.
- Help in designing and implementing the art content pipeline for the game
- Maintain and improve technologies and art workflows
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and programmers daily to identify challenges and provide solutions
- Candidates must be available for full-time work in the Downtown Los Angeles area for this position
- 3+ years of professional game development experience
- Understanding of at least one 3D package (Preferably Maya) and extensive knowledge of CG fundamentals: shaders, modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering and compositing
- Intermediate scripting experience with Python and/or Mel/Maya API
- Intermediate experience with Shader Languages (HLSL/GLSL etc)
- Ability to synthesize ideas about what tools will make things easier for the artists
- Understanding of various gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets
- Ability to troubleshoot CG issues
- Familiarity with playtesting and creative reviews
- Must be comfortable with Github, Perforce, or other comparable version control systems
- Proficiency with C# or C++
- 3D level design, creation and implementation experience
- 3D modelling, rigging, and animation experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.