EA Sports' FIFA 12
topped the UK software sales charts in the last week of 2011, despite a 27 percent drop in sales week-over-week.
For the week ended December 31, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, FIFA 12
managed to hold off various threequels, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
, Battlefield 3
and Just Dance 3
The game has now claimed the top spot in the UK charts four times, tying with FIFA 11
and FIFA 10
. FIFA 11
claimed the top of the charts in the last week of 2010 too.
There were no new releases in the top 40 this week, nor did the top 10 shift around much, as the usual suspects simply swapped places. Forza Motorsport 4
jumped back into the top 10.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
3. Battlefield 3 (EA)
4. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
5. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
6. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
7. Need For Speed: The Run (EA)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
10. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The Xbox 360 version of FIFA 12
claimed the number one spot in Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart, while the PS3 version sat at number five.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
and Battlefield 3
were the other top-sellers, with the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of both games sitting in the chart.
1. FIFA 12 (EA, Xbox 360)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, Xbox 360)
3. Battlefield 3 (EA, Xbox 360)
4. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft, Wii)
5. FIFA 12 (EA, PS3)
6. Battlefield 3 (EA, PS3)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, PS3)
8. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
9. Saints Row: The Third (THQ, Xbox 360)
10. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)