The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Senior Technical Artist, Zenimax Online Studios
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Zenimax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to specialize in Rigging & Animation. You will be charged with developing high performance animation rigs, supporting the interests of the animation team, collaborating with the rest of the Technical Art team to build great systems that work together, and generally enjoying the experience of working on a live product. If this is you, please keep reading.
- 5+ years industry experience character rigging (Maya, Houdini, Max, Modo, etc.)
- Strong understanding of anatomy and kinematics.
- Strong understanding of Python, C# or another object oriented scripting language.
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines in general.
- Interest in developing highly procedural rigging solutions.
- Work collaboratively with technical and creative team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing needs throughout the course of the development cycle.
- Interest in working outside of characters/animation: not all work will be rigging.
- Must be self-sufficient and have strong time management skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- PyQt or PySide
- MMO experience a plus.
- Understanding of low level game data pipelines.
- Experience with special effects and shaders.
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.