The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
The K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma is looking for an individual interested in infusing sound game mechanics into educational games. This position will focus on the game content coding of an interactive learning environment and will assist in developing and maintaining the systems that support the game's interface, world traversal, object and NPC interaction, controls, and other aspects on the game side of environment.
The Game-Play Programmer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to translate feature requests into actionable code within Unity
- Creates tools that streamline development and help game designer and artists.
- Help ensure integrity of gamecode-base
- Solves complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
- Participates in agile game development processes including pair programming and test driven development.
- Designs, implements, documents and tests software tasks that include system, engine, and game play components.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Reports to the teach/programing lead.
- Ability to work within a defined development process.
- Demonstrate advanced skills as a C# Programmer.
- Proficient in the Unity 3D Game Engine
- Must be able to apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues.
- Ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
- Ability to create complex systems from start to finish.
- Ability to quickly master selected tools and development processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience.
- 2+ years of experience in game development as a C# Programmer.
- A personal interest in games and game development
- Excellent debugging and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Imagines, envisions and devises new approaches, concepts, models, designs and processes.
- Ability to mentor team members.
- Communicates effectively with the development team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visithttp://www.hr.ou.edu/policies/tbtesting.asp.
Applicants MUST apply for this position online at https://jobs.ou.edu. Computers and personal assistance are available at the Office of Human Resources, 905 Asp Avenue, Room 205, Norman, OK 73019. Refer to the appropriate job requisition #24721 on all correspondence. Deadlines subject to change with or without notice. For further information on this or other OU job opportunities, please call (405) 325-1826, or access our web site at http://hr.ou.edu/. The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent