The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Rafael, California
Telltale Games is seeking an enthusiastic Sr. Graphics Engineer to help us build out the next-generation of character performances, animation, and visual effects for our upcoming IPs and current award-winning titles!
Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content.
- Improve, debug, and extend existing graphics, animation, and art pipelines while also building new technology in order to meet the needs of consoles, desktops, and high-end mobile devices
- Create robust long-lived, content agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature fidelity
- Create clean API’s for internal graphics tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in lighting, shadows, and post effects
- Design, implement, measure, and analyze algorithms for animation, rendering, and visual effects
- Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, publications, etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong fluency in C++/STL and 5+ professional C++ experience is required
- 3+years of professional game development experience focused on graphics including at least some development experience with current gen hardware (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
- Deep understanding of current graphics hardware and tools, with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve rendering performance
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure
- Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over several of years
- Previous experience implementing real time global illumination system like Enlighten
- Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S. Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.