The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Mateo, California
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. Community is the heart and soul of Roblox. Over 64 million active players engage on our platform every month. How cool is that?
Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building the future of play and ever-expanding the universe where anything is possible.
We are democratizing the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage on one platform - across all devices - doing what they love. And the potential for impact that you can have at Roblox is tremendous.
Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless. Literally.
As a C++ Engineer on our Game Engine Team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you build empowers our worldwide community of 2M+ Developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of the engine - from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy the engineering cutting-edge C++ software alongside highly-skilled and passionate Engineers, you will be right at home on our growing game engine team.
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are your tools for writing high-performance code
- Eager to learn: finding a new challenge makes your day; learning a new tool makes your week
- Self-sufficient: you can break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- User-oriented: you don’t let go of a task or feature until it’s in the hands of end-users and working exactly the way it should
- Analytical: you’re comfortable using metrics and logging to analyze problems, find patterns, and develop solutions
- Multi-platform: you jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, XBox, and other platforms (coming soon)
- Ready for a challenge: you’re eager to tackle the hardest problems you can find
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Find solutions which conserve battery on mobile devices while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.