The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Engineering Manager, Pixelberry Studios
Location: Mountain View, California
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to lead development at Pixelberry for our hit mobile game “Choices: Stories You Play.” You'll work with the best interactive fiction game team in the industry, with the many on the team working together for over 10 years.
You would be responsible for the development team delivering performant, well built, stable features to players across the world. You would lead projects by architecting features, managing their development and testing, and getting them shipped. Projects will span the whole stack - from front end client work in C++ to back end services built in Java on AWS. In addition to the technology, you would manage developers and handle hiring to grow your team, while maintaining best practices of unit testing, CI, code reviews, etc.; A portion of your time will be reserved for development - we believe this is a good way to know what's happening on the ground.
You would be working with a highly seasoned team, one that believes in delivering category leading product that touches millions. We’ve leveraged the success of our game to teach millions of teens about serious topics, like cyberbullying. We believe that innovative game design, commercial success, and making a difference all go hand in hand.
We are based in Mountain View, CA. This position is an on-site, full-time position.
- Lead a small, tight development team in software development
- Contribute throughout the whole lifecycle of shipping fun, innovative features played by millions
- Oversee technical design for native client and cloud services
- Architect scaleable services in AWS
- Code native applications for iOS and Android
- Research new technologies and create roadmaps for future capabilities
- Work closely with founding team in planning for the future
- 7 years+ of software engineering experience
- 2 years+ of experience in the games industry
- 2 years+ of management experience
- A passion to work on games
- Firm grasp of modern best practices for software development, including agile methodologies, unit testing, etc.;
- Expert level understanding of Java and C++
- Competitive salary
- Strong health insurance
- Love what you do
This Job is Different:
- Feel good about what you do. Our game has literally saved lives
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is 3 for 3 in launching games into the Top 25 Grossing on iOS
- Good work/life balance. All three founders have families with young children and take a long term view on company growth
- Enjoy good company. We’re a small, tight team that enjoys each other’s company. Two couples actually met via the studio and got married
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.