The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, CA
Obsidian is looking for experienced, talented, mid-to-senior level engine programmers to join our team of game developers.
Obsidian Entertainment is an independent game development studio dedicated to making high quality, character and story driven games for PC and console systems. We currently employ over 100 talented individuals who are as passionate about making games as you are. We offer competitive compensation packages, a fun and rewarding work environment, and the chance to work on AAA games.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and 401k matching. Located in the heart of Orange County, CA, we are just minutes from the beach and an hour from the snow.
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games and game technology.
- A keen interest in analyzing and optimizing existing game and engine code.
- Prior programming experience with credits on at least one shipped title.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Excellent problem-solving, performance analysis, and debugging skills.
- Bacheloras degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with cross-platform game development.
- Understanding of various specialized engine systems such as networking, physics and rendering.
- Experience developing miscellaneous tools and utilities in either C++, C#, or shell scripting languages.
- Experience modifying existing systems as well as adding new systems to modern commercial game engines.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here