The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, Texas
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Purpose/Summary: A senior level individual contributor responsible for driving the development, maintenance and support of proprietary Windows PC applications and libraries necessary for the creation of Retro Studios’ games.
Description of Duties:
- Coordinates the work of other Tools Engineers
- Identifies and proposes solutions for content creation bottlenecks
- Member of the main Engineering Team and expected to work on the current project as necessary to meet studio commitments
- Experience coordinating and development efforts of applications libraries and plugins for game content creation
- Works with tool users and other engineers to determine tool requirements, then drives the implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement of these tools
- Participates in creating standard frameworks and libraries for internal tools
- Regularly performs technical reviews of current tools to identify deficiencies
- Regularly reviews new technologies for possible use by the team
- Develops and communicates a clear vision of how products should function and the ability to lead peers to share and implement this vision
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Summary of Requirements:
- Strong industrial experience in C++, C#, .NET API, game content tool development required
- Production experience with WPF, event-based programming, application programming, and multi-threaded programming required
- Prior experience developing Windows applications and tools in C# using the .NET API required
- Prior experience developing applications in C++ preferred
- Effective organization, communication, analysis and problem solving skills required
- Background in object-oriented design, event-based and multi-threaded programming and PC application engineering methodologies required
- 1-5 years’ experience in game tools or related industry preferred
- Prior experience developing video game tools preferred
Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or a minimum 10 years' experience including video game or game tool development required.
Decision Making: Makes decisions regarding system architectural design, data structure and algorithm development, and implementation platform selection.
Human Relations: Effective written, verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills to identify and provide technical solutions. Engages in direct communication with users to analyze problems and develop solutions.
Work Environment: Fast-paced environment with fluctuating production requirements; may be necessary to change specific duties, projects, schedule or direction on short notice; overtime, weekend and holiday work may be required; minimal travel may be required.
Interested? Get started here.
Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.