The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Emeryville, California
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations; Shiver Entertainment and Respawn Entertainment.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
The Sr. Software Engineer (Big Data) develops, designs, and maintains various ETL processes. The data engineer is responsible for documenting and testing various analytics services for consumption by the analytics team.
- Develop and maintain database and data warehouse infrastructure
- Create and enforce database standards and best practices
- Design and develop data models, ETL and aggregation processes
- Collaborate with Systems, DevOps, QA and Analytics teams for database related releases
- Create tools to automate database operation and monitoring/alerts
- Proactively monitor and improve the performance of database and data warehouse systems
- Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation
- Write code to interface with 3rd party platform services, like Adjust, Fyber, 5Rocks, Singular, App Annie, and etc.
- Assist with all parts of our internal analytics system (ETL, Redshift, Job Scheduling)
- Provide technical support and advice to the analytics and data visualization team
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of data engineering experience with high performance Big Data platforms
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the OO programming languages (Python, Java and etc.)
- 3+ years of experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS RedShift, DynamoDB, EMR, S3, and etc.)
- Expertise with Big Data and analytics systems (Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, MongoDB and etc.)
- Experience with scalable systems in a load balanced environment a plus
- Experience conducting load tests a plus
- Experience in Predictive Data Modeling a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Amazon Web Services (RedShift, DynamoDB, EMR)
- Nice to have Hadoop and Spark
- Python / Java / PHP / Ruby / Linux shell scripting
- Linux (CentOS / Amazon Linux / Redhat)
- Expert level SQL skills
This is a full-time position with NEXON M (nexonm.com). Our office is located in Emeryville—the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.