The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Palo Alto, CA
What we're looking for:
We are currently working hard to develop the next generation of mobile games and have made it our #1 priority to assemble an all-star team to get to that goal. We are searching for experienced gameplay engineers to help turn code into fun and push the frontiers of entertainment on small screens for millions of players around the world.
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer you will work closely with the Creative Director and Executive Producer to implement the vision of the game from concept to a polished and remarkable experience on mobile platforms.
- Rapidly prototype game designs to find the fun
- Transform design specs into functional game code that surprises and charms players
- Coding, debugging and management of critical game systems that meet all design, technical - and schedule requirements
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers in the creation and evolution of core game mechanics
- Manage implementation of key moment-to-moment gameplay features to maximize their gameplay impact and meet technical requirements
- Mentor junior members of the gameplay programming team and invest in tools that raise the bar for everybody
- Clearly communicate and discuss team and individual goals with producers, game designers, and artists
- Remain up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency with interpreted languages (C#, Java) and scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua)
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Love of games and building and polishing memorable play moments
- 5+ years of experience working in the AAA game industry
- Worked on production game title from concept to ship
- Experience in gameplay related fields like AI, physics, animation, weapons, scripting and networking
- Experience with computer game technologies including camera systems, AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation and collision detection
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
- Passion for games
Working at Kiwi:
We have an all-star team of fun, creative, and passionate people. Kiwi offers full health benefits (including vision and dental), unlimited vacation, and commuter reimbursements. We believe that hard work should be rewarded, so we protect the delicate balance between work and play here at our downtown Palo Alto office. Kiwi employees enjoy dinner on the company, weekly catered lunches, sports and yoga as well as monthly happy hours and occasional pop-up parties and social events.
Kiwi is a mobile game developer with multiple games in Google Play’s Top 100 Grossing list. You can read more about us here: http://www.kiwiup.com/about-us
Google Play recently featured us as a Top Developer. You can watch the video on our blog here: http://blog.kiwiup.com/2014/02/about-us.html
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here