The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Remote, or Boston area, Massachusetts
What We're Looking For:
A talented graphics/engine programmer to work with designers and artists on improving the visuals, performance and engine capabilities of our games. This role would involve updates to our Grim Dawn engine technology along with work on other unannounced strategy/RPG titles for PC and console.
We're looking for someone who has solid technical ability but also the judgment to know what needs improvement, when something looks right and what features make sense for a given game. At times you'd also be needed to help out with other general/gameplay coding tasks. Work would take place remotely (we have no physical office, though most of the team is in MA) and you would be expected to generally be online and available weekdays during "core" hours but otherwise can set your own schedule.
Crate is an independent PC developer with a current team of 12, led by game industry veterans with over 15 years of experience. We are self-funded through 2020, with no outside investors. We recently released the PC ARPG Grim Dawn, which has sold over 900k copies with a 93% Steam user rating. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for core PC games, to work in a non-traditional, creative environment without the stress and politics that often exist in big companies tied to publisher/investor milestone schedules.
- 2+ years of professional game development experience as an engineer and at least one shipped title.
- 2+ years professional experience coding in C++
- Extensive knowledge of current graphics and rendering technology
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Experience with optimization and multi-threading
- Ability to work within an existing engine and identify appropriate targets for improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-driven and able to accomplish goals with minimal supervision
- Must reside in the United States and be authorized to work
- Passion for games and some background playing PC strategy and RPG / ARPG genres
- Experience programming with C#
- Prior work in the Unity and/or Unreal engines
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.