The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Do you enjoy trying to figure out how to break the games you’re playing? Are you obsessed with finding clever ways to combine items and abilities just to see what will happen? Do you like unraveling how things work, sharing that knowledge with others, and then putting it back together - better, faster, stronger? If so, read on, brave soul.
Bungie is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Lead who wants to help us push the boundaries of testing software in games. We need someone who shares our passion for automation and tools that: save time, improve workflows, and allow a large test team to be selective in the areas they focus their time.
An SDET Lead will learn Destiny inside and out; you will gather the deep knowledge of our systems' internals and apply to solve hard test problems. You'll be expected to understand how code and content changes may result in bugs that impact functionality and the player experience. You'll leverage your desire to be the best and push our testing methodologies to new heights.
As an SDET Lead you will coach, grow and develop SDETs that are developing automation to test and improve test workflow for Destiny gameplay, activities and sandbox. You will leverage your ability to mentor and motivate SDETs nearly every day.
If you believe you have the technical and leadership capability to deliver outstanding code, drive quality and help SDETs achieve their potential, we'd love to talk to you.
- Lead and manage a team of SDETs delivering test automation and workflow improvement in Destiny gameplay, activities and sandbox
- Coach, mentor and grow SDETs. Help SDETs grow their career
- Work with internal “customers” to understand their needs and help craft user stories. Participate in backlog grooming and prioritization of work
- Feature area risk analysis and mitigation
- Converse with engineering peers and test allies to generate effective test collateral
- Set team standards for efficient yet thorough targeted testing
- Identify and guide authoring of high return on investment automated tests
- Develop and update tools and processes that allow our test teams to be more efficient
- Understand multiple technology stacks and engineering workflows
- Identify workflow pain points/inefficiencies and propose process and engineering solutions
- Sets team standards for code reviews, authoring and code maintenance according to our development requirements
- 6+ years professional software development experience utilizing C#; ability to demonstrate mastery of any related techniques, e.g.:
- Authoring applications in WPF, utilizing XAML data bindings
- Understanding of related design patterns such as MVVM and Observables
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming patterns, such as async/await
- 2+ years of management/lead experience
- 6+ years of software testing experience
- Can write bugs so clearly, anyone in the studio could reproduce the bug described
- Experience working in agile development environment, familiar with SCRUM
- Excellent knowledge of specification-based (black-box) and direct interface (white-box) testing techniques
- Experience writing area and/or feature test specs
- Experience working with both existing codebases and authoring new tools from scratch
- C/C++ development experience
- Proven ability implementing processes that facilitate quicker dev/test turnaround
- Previous experience working on a shipped console title
- Experience testing multiple platforms
- e.g. Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC
- Experience making decisions with data analysis
- e.g. Querying databases with SQL, Hadoop jobs, or parsing logs
- BS in Computer Science
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.