The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Respawn is looking for sharp AI Software Engineers (mid-senior level) to work on a new 3rd person, action-adventure Star Wars game. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a beloved franchise with a talented and seasoned team. The team is small, so your tasks would be broad and give you opportunities to learn about systems that you might not arrive knowing.
We need AI programmers who can work with designers and animators to give our game fun encounters, challenging action, and interesting variety of gameplay scenarios.
- Write C/C++ code.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to design systems and make something great.
- Fix tricky bugs and solve complex problems.
- Proactively identify and deal with issues before they blow up.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are passionate about making games and playing them.
- You want to build a really awesome Star Wars game with an excited team of talented people.
- You are fluent in C/C++.
- You have a computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
- You are interested in working in all parts of the codebase, as well as doing really fun gameplay.
- You have console programming experience, and hopefully you've shipped something already.
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming.
- You don't mind rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts, even if sometimes they don't work out.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large codebases, and you have the ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
OTHER IMPORTANT QUALITIES:
- You are self-motivated. You won't be micro-managed, so it's important that you work without prodding.
- You have a good attitude, and you are someone that designers and artists want to come talk to and work with.
- You have a proven ability to independently design, schedule, and implement game/engine features.
- Strong game design sensibilities help a lot.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.