- Write code that fulfills the functional, graphical and technical requirements of the project.
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
- Assist the artists with the creation of cutting edge environments and effects within technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
1 MIN READ
Get a job: Be a Graphics Programmer for 2K Games
"2K Games seeks the talents of a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge 3D graphics."
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry! Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.