The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Seattle, WA
As an experienced gameplay engineer on the Oculus content team, you’ll be at the forefront of prototyping, producing and shipping virtual reality experiences. As a technical leader, you will help set direction throughout the development process, partnering with the art and design teams to explore and implement prototypes that set the bar for VR content inside and outside the company
The ideal candidate shares our passion for VR and gaming and will apply their expertise to developing revolutionary content for the gaming platform of the future.
- You will help lead our efforts to develop VR’s potential through the creation of novel interactive experiences.
- You work well in groups. You smoothly coordinate and collaborate across multiple, diverse teams.
- You are a natural leader, who is as comfortable setting direction as you are getting your hands dirty.
- Coordinating with the rest of the content team to prototype and develop game-like experiences for the Oculus Rift.
- Expertise in gameplay prototyping and engineering, working closely with designers in developing and iterating on game mechanics and systems.
- Collaborating with internal and external cross-disciplinary teams spanning all disciplines from software to hardware.
- Helping build roadmaps and using production processes for the team to hit project goals.
- Industry experience: 7+ years of software engineering on games.
- Tested experience in collaborating closely with art and design teams.
- Experience shipping multiple high profile and successful games.
- Coding expertise: mastery of C/C++ programming on large systems.
- Self-driven: takes initiative on starting projects and stays motivated through completion.
- Proven leadership abilities in the gaming space.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where goals and requirements may constantly be changing.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.