The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Game Engine Engineering Director, Roblox
Location: San Mateo, California
Drive the development of an engine used by millions of people. The core ROBLOX game engine supports rendering, networking, distributed physics, and core system integration to serve millions of user-generated content games with a great user experience and maximum efficiency. You will drive future feature development which increasing quality, reliability, and efficiency. You’ll lead a world-class team to solve hard technical challenges unique to our dynamic ecosystem.
- Ensure continuous improvement and delivery of a robust, blazing fast game engine
- Demonstrate technical leadership over challenging engineering and architectural problems
- Help define the technical roadmap of the core engine
- Collaborate across engineering and product teams
- Provide mentorship and develop amazing engineers
- Establish best practices, tools, and process
- 5+ years in a technical lead role
- 2+ years delivering a high quality native platform, such as a game engine
- C/C++ expertise
- Shipped a real-time client server networked product such as an MMO
- Game development skills like rendering, networking, and physics a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Mastery of developing and using precise stability and performance metrics
- Proven track record running successful teams
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.