The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Graphics Engineer, Armature Studio
Location: Austin, Texas
The Graphics Engineer will join Armature on exciting, high visibility projects for a variety of platforms and utilizing various engines. We value talent, precision, self-motivation and collaboration.
Relocation assistance within the US is available for this position.
- Designing and implementing systems and tools to support engine, rendering, and technology needs
- Help support and maintain existing systems.
- Provide support and assistance to team end users.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks and improve the art pipeline.
- As needed work on runtime engine tasks to support specific project requirements.
- Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and finds preventative solutions.
- Testing and documenting of the code you write.
- Minimum 5 years game programming experience.
- Expertise in C and C++.
- Strong generalist skills and solid code architectural skills.
- Solid understanding of graphics-related math.
- Expert in modern rendering techniques for lighting and visual effects
- Works well in an energetic, collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
- Development experience in Unity and Unreal4 a plus
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship
Founded in 2008 by key members of the team that made the Metroid Prime series, Armature Studio is dedicated to the creation and development of video games for all major platforms. Since its inception, Armature Studio has worked on numerous blockbuster video game franchises. including Borderlands, Metal Gear Solid and the Batman Arkham series. 2016 saw the release of ReCore, a project in conjunction with Keiji Inafune of Mega Man fame and Microsoft Studios; as well as Dead Star, an original IP, with Sony third party. With an all-star staff credited on numerous industry-leading franchises including Metroid Prime, Call of Duty, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Darksiders, The Elder Scrolls, the Madden series, Star Wars: The Old Republic and more, Armature is positioned for a future of continued growth and success in the beautiful hill country of Austin, Texas!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.