- Write code that fulfills the functional networking requirements of the project, including support for matchmaking, downloadable content, lobbies, server side persistence, etc.
- Provide feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
- Develop and maintain multiplayer systems from design to implementation.
- Program tools and utilities to support work on projects.
- Work with existing unreal 3 software technology and build new technology to fulfill project technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Participate in the design of products and perform testing activities.
2 MIN READ
Get a job: 2K Marin seeks network programmer for unannounced title
"2K Marin, best known for developing the critically acclaimed BioShock 2 and currently working on the upcoming The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, is currently seeking a Lead Network Programmer for an unannounced project."
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry! Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.2K Games Career Site. SUMMARY: Design, implement, and debug networking features for an unannounced multiplatform game. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: