The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Novato, CA
Who we are:
The Core Technology group at 2K is filled with some of the brightest minds in the business, whose expertise is routinely called upon by the studios behind Civilization, Borderlands, Evolve, and others. When some of the best studios in the world ask for advice, only the best in the field can answer. We fill our team with those who can answer the call, those who thrive working on custom engines, critical shared technology, leading tools and middleware, and those who can research the tools we’ll need to use tomorrow. Core Technology is a forward-thinking group of experts who handle the challenge of supporting multiple products, platforms and studios, while at the same time anticipating the needs of tomorrow. If you’re a top-tier expert who wants to build something great, come join our team.
What we need:
2K is looking for an experienced Game Engine/Core Engineer who is passionate about helping our development studios fully utilize the power of console and PC platforms.
Versatility is key; you will work with in-house custom game engines as well as industry leading commercial engines across our award winning franchises and studios.
• Analyze performance bottlenecks and suggest/execute creative and timely solutions to problems.
• Optimize game subsystem by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in
the game industry.
• Work with team leads and other engineers to identify systems in need of maintenance, optimization, or refactoring.
• Participate in the optimization of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity systems and more.
Who we think will be a great fit:
We are looking for someone who can serve as a technical expert to the entire 2k label on optimization, multicore/multithreaded architectures and platform capabilities. You’ll have the skills to analyze bottlenecks, improve execution and get the last drop of performance out of modern game platforms.
You will also need to meet most of the following requirements:
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• 5+ years developing high-performance, low-level software for console systems.
• Experience working with in-house engines and unfamiliar codebases.
• Shipped AAA console or PC titles.
• Familiarity with all major game systems (graphics, physics, animation, AI, networking, etc.).
• Experience optimizing Unreal Engine and/or CryEngine.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.