The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: San Rafael, CA
Telltale is seeking an experienced User Interface Artist. You will work within the established technical and design specifications. The UI artist is expected to analyze, design the layout and architecture for a user-friendly experience. Creating general U.I. and HUD mockups, and production artwork as well as problem solve for multiple platform types.
• Design compelling visual treatments for game UI’s and menus that are easy to understand and use.
• Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
• Work closely with design and technology teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look and feel.
• Create conceptual wire-frames, user flow diagrams, and high-fidelity prototypes to solidify design direction and plans.
• Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions.
• Maintain familiarity with the game’s user interface design—both the live product and upcoming expansions.
• Provide artwork to support team-wide project communication and vision.
• Communicate designs in a technical manner for programmer implementation.
• Strong graphic design skills, artistic sense, and fluency in Adobe Photoshop. • Successful background in innovative and intuitive user interface design.
• Ability to design layout/UI story boards and process flow charts.
• Awareness of current trends in web and UI design.
• Ability to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative setting.
• Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
• Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• AA/BFA preferred, or at least can demonstrate through portfolio an industry standard level of art.
• 3+ years as professional artist or equivalent experience.
• Proficient with standard industry tools like Maya, XSI, and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools.
• Passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
• Understanding of the game development process.
• Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
Additional Preferred Skills
• Game industry experience designing UI for software titles.
• Prototyping skills with tools such as Adobe Flash.
• Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills.
• Passion for knowledge of emerging UI technology and trends.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of online communities.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION YOU MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR DIGITAL REEL/PORTFOLIO.
Telltale is redefining the way the games industry works, and we're looking for new team members to help us forge the way. If you're looking for a fast-paced, creative environment where the work you do will make a difference, we'd like to talk to you. We offer competitive salary, benefits and exciting work environment.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here