The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Mateo, CA
The Head of Global Portfolio and Acquisitions will oversee the entire content pipeline from content creators both existing and potential. This person will lead a team of people based across the globe who source, track, evaluate and build partnerships with the best 3rd party Publishers and Developers on the planet, ensuring PlayStation is the Best Place to Play.
As part of the Global Publisher and Developer Relations teams, reporting directly into the VP, Global Third Party Relations this role will:
- Lead the Global Content roadmap
- Supervise the Content Intelligence program
- Communicate portfolio, schedules and priorities to key internal business stakeholders
- Interpret platform strategies and content needs and set content priorities
- Negotiate and secure content through partnerships
- Administrate and manage a global content fund
- Secure internal support for partnership titles, in particular with Executive teams
- Primary point of contact with Legal teams on any partnership or acquisition deals
- Previous Experience of working for a Games or Other Entertainment Platform or service or 3rd party video-games Publisher/Developer preferred
- Demonstrable deal negotiation and closing skills
- Experience in the management of contracts
- Strong and demonstrable commercial and business acumen
- Leadership experience at a senior level – teams of over 10 people
- An effective communicator who is used to dealing with challenging B2B customers as well as a wide array of department from Legal to Marketing
- Knowledge and a passion for video-games preferred
- Entrepreneurial capabilities
- A highly enthusiastic, driven and motivating leader who is results oriented and has worked in a cross-collaborative environment
- 10 + years of progressively responsible business development experience and/or commercial experience within the entertainment, global electronics, technology/platform-based business preferred.
- International or global experience preferred
- Strong network of existing video-game publishers and developers essential
- Understanding of video-game development
- Strong product knowledge and industry insight
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.