The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Sherman Oaks, California
Nuclear Division is a mobile games start up founded by industry veterans located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, CA. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be on the ground level of a new company and create the next wave of fun and dynamic mobile games.
Our West Coast team is looking for an Art Director will be responsible for defining the artistic direction and production of a brand new mid-core mobile IP spanning multiple titles - creating the overall visual style from the ground up and driving that artistic vision from concept to launch. Reporting to the Head of Production and working directly with the Design, Engineering and Production teams, the Art Director will build, lead and mentor the team to create the highest quality work.
- Produce a unique artistic style that best showcases the creative vision and story of the game.
- Create and design key artwork, game assets and marketing materials.
- Provide concept art, sketches and reference throughout the entire development cycle.
- Lead the art team in the creation of a cohesive vision and look.
- Develop art requirements and production plans to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality art assets.
- Identify risks and find ways to increase productivity in the asset creation pipeline.
- Provide mentorship to the art team to develop strengths in all art capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience and at least 2 shipped AAA Console or Mobile games as an Art Lead or Art Director.
- Knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines for 2D and 3D gaming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with others including remote teams.
- Experience staffing and managing a team of diversely talented artists.
- Proven experience with all the necessary tools including 3D Studio Max/Maya, Photoshop, Flash & Unity.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
Great to have
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts.
- Experience with web-based scripting.
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile development techniques.
- Deep love and understanding of video games.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here