The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Kirkland, Washington
Summary of Position
For over 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering unique gaming experiences for our fans. Combining innovative gameplay, cutting edge technology and AI, inventive narratives and stunning visuals to create award winning and best-selling games. Starting with our first game, Blood through to our most recent title, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor which has been awarded with numerous Game of the Year Awards, including Gamespot, Joystiq and IGN as well as Best Action/Adventure Game at the 2014 Game Awards.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our next game is our best yet, and to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer.
Monolith Productions seeks a Senior Project Manager (PM) to be responsible for shipping a large AAA quality product on multiple platforms simultaneously through all phases of production. The PM is the focal point and key driver of the process and tracking of the game.
In coordination with the team leads and Production, the PM helps establish the development process, tracking methodologies, data collation and reporting needed to ensure the development team is successful in delivering a AAA quality game on time and on budget.
The PM will be responsible for working closely with the production staff that is driving the development effort of the product. The PM will have oversight of project tracking and reporting that information both internally and externally.
- Drive production process and best practices across the studio.
- Create and maintain project schedules, documentation and deliverables.
- Proactively maintain clear risk inventories for projects and develop mitigation strategies.
- Help lead and mentor production team to drive results and successfully execute on plan.
- At least 2 published titles (or successful completion of large complex software projects) as a Production, Program or Project Manager.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal. Must be able to manage communications effectively within development and publishing arms.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have strong Production knowledge of the development process.
- Must have strong data processing skills and experience.
- Must be able to present to Senior Leadership and External Partners.
- Must be collaborative and an effective negotiator.
- Must be a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Requires a self -starter with high level of initiative.
- Ensure consistent processes and tracking for development team.
- Proven ability to evaluate development risks and provide contingency plans.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining ability to see the big picture.
- Must be able to work independently and handle multiple ongoing tasks with rapidly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion and knowledge of games.
- 5+ years demonstrated Project Management experience in the games industry.
- Experience managing a project plan from start to finish, including creating and maintaining schedules using project management software.
- At least one AAA PC or console title shipped from beginning to end in a project management role.
- Strong understanding of Project Management principles and agile development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall processes.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.