The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Culver City, California
We’re looking for a details-oriented person who is incredibly organized, energetic and quick to solve problems. Someone who can work through all the paperwork of a small business; who can catch and address problems quickly and effectively; who can communicate with anyone on the team to get results; has a deep understanding of production process; someone to help keep us at our best!
- Effectively manage our budget
- Keeping us on track, including expenditures to maintain the studio and keep employees happy!
- Work with our CPA on revenue shares and monthly management of accounts and bookkeeping
- Process, create and send invoices for our various partners
- Managing payroll
- Working with our payroll company to keep every team member paid on time
- Keep the studio stocked with our daily-use materials and snacks
- Help organize parties (e.g. birthday lunches) and field trips for the team
- Manage team time - Tracking vacation days, creating and managing calendar events for the team and individuals
- Help keeping track of, answering and sending emails/calls with our various partners, platforms, customers and fans to help
- Keeping our business up to date and functional
- Managing bills and proper forms and expenses for licenses, business maintenance, studio maintenance and any other necessary paperwork to keep things running
- Oversee studio maintenance (proactively and as issues arise)
- Ensure the studio is kept clean and orderly and safety standards are enforced
- Ensure all compliance and company policies/procedures are enforced
- Act as an ambassador for Heart Machine in the community, including community management
- Previous experience in a successful management role (supervisory)
- Previous experience with managing budgets and bookkeeping digitally
- Knowledge and effective skill with MS Office suite of software
- Knowledge and effective skill with Quickbooks and any related bookkeeping software
- Knowledge and effective skill with basic computer and games hardware
- Excellent organization, reading, writing, spelling and math skills
- Excellent communication skills and assertive, kind attitude
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities
- Independently motivated
- Dependable and accountable with strong sense of urgency
- Authorized to work in the US
- Currently local to the Los Angeles area, or willing to relocate for a full time position
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum software with milestone tracking
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Keep a strong knowledge of our project - both design and scheduling - to support our process and find ways to improve it
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.