The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Sucker Punch is looking for a Narrative Writer to join our writing team and help create engaging narrative content for our upcoming projects. Daily tasks will include writing dialogue and text, developing open-world stories, and crafting narrative content in collaboration with other designers. Our ideal candidate will have previous success as a game writer, outstanding dialogue skills, and an excellent understanding of how to tell impactful, character-driven stories within a AAA open-world game.
- Write high quality dialogue under tight deadlines for a diverse cast of characters who live in the time period of feudal Japan.
- Remotely collaborate with writers and other designers to create open-world story content.
- Contribute to other creative areas of the narrative including documentation, secondary game content, and dialogue barks, as well as systemic VO and text.
- Communicate narrative ideas to the team and advocate for excellent storytelling across the product.
- 1+ years’ experience as a game writer. Shipped titles and AAA open-world experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills. Able to produce quality writing under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of open-world narrative design and the current generation of open-world games.
- Strong skill collaborating with a creative team across many disciplines. Flexibility to collaborate remotely while working from home.
- Experience receiving creative feedback on your work. Strong ability to absorb feedback and revise your writing in alignment with core design values.
- Ability to self-critique and generate constructive feedback for other writers and designers.
- Desire to write stories set in feudal Japan.
- 2+ years’ experience as a game writer.
- Shipped AAA open-world games.
- Knowledge of feudal Japanese history.
If you feel this describes you, please submit your resume and portfolio of writing samples. The types of samples we’re interested in seeing are short character-driven scenes in screenplay format, mission scripts, dialogue barks, and/or in-game text such as quest journals, item descriptions, etc. These are guidelines, not requirements. Send us the samples that best represent your voice and skills as a writer, and we will look forward to reading them.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.