The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Seattle, WA
Our Seattle development studio is looking for the right Art Director to create top-quality assets and mentor other artists for exciting new mobile game titles!
The right candidate will have a notable background in AAA PC/Console, social, and/or mobile games in a variety of genres and styles.
Reporting to the Seattle Studio Manager, our Art Director will:
- Lead, mentor, supervise, and inspire the art team to push the bar for visual quality
- Define and drive art direction of the games in all stages
- Establish style and vision of the games including character, environment, logo, and user interface look and feel.
- Ensure top quality throughout the entire production process
- Maintain effective communication with supervisors, team artists, and other departments within the company
- Ensure all project targets are met or exceeded
- Implement proper training programs and career path initiatives for junior Artists to achieve high quality and productivity standards.
- Interview and recruit future art team members and report detailed hiring needs to recruiting
- 5+ years of professional game art experience at top levels of visual quality
- Exceptional 2D, concept, and production design skills clearly demonstrated in portfolio
- Strong 3D background in hard surface and organic modeling, texturing, animation, FX, and post-production for games
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior and mid-level artists
- Thorough and organized, able to work with ambitious planning to see a project through
- Knowledge of the technical pipeline and all the process needed to make a fantastic game
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build up the games, teams, and studio a must
- Professional knowledge of the mobile games market and their demographics a big plus
- Experience working with outsourcers is another plus
- Positive attitude and skilled leadership ability
- Passion for video games!
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete an art assessment.