The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking full-time Producers. We are seeking sharp, motivated people to join our team and work on Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) games.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.
Producers at Cryptic Studios work closely with designers, artists and programmers to organize and coordinate the game development process. A Producer’s number one priority within the development structure is to make sure everyone else can get their job done. This means a no nonsense approach to problem solving with daily communication with and working to support all the members of the team in task management and scheduling challenges.
Every day you could be:
- Working in the trenches with artists, designers and programmers tracking tasks and helping the developers stay on schedule.
- Supporting the Lead/Senior/Executive Producer in every aspect of development, from scheduling and management of the internal team to dealing with outside publishers and licensors.
- Coordinating the QA and testing effort during production, closed and open beta and through launch.
- Contributing to the production process and helping refine production pipelines.
- Being a product knowledge base for the entire team.
- Communicating to individual team members and contributors in various departments, other producers, and management on the status of tasks, features, and projects.
What you need to work here:
- Minimum 3 years in the video game industry, working in production or product development.
- Must have shipped at least one video game title.
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal.
- A high-level understanding of project management and scheduling concepts.
- A passion for games and the ability to talk about why you think they are fun.
- Be able to talk art, design and software without pretending.
- Have a great attitude and likeable personality.
- Ability to work independently while exercising sound judgment.
Things we’d love to see:
- Proficient knowledge or practical experience in one of the other gaming disciplines: 3D Art, Game Design, or Programming.
- Console development experience.
- Fanatic level enthusiasm of some entertainment industry field (role playing games, comics, movies, television, etc.).
- PMI certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in another language
Multiple positions available!
Must be eligible to work in the United States.