The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games, the creator of the epic space sim Star Citizen, is seeking an incredibly passionate, skilled, and eager Associate Producer to join the Production team in our Santa Monica, CA studio.
• Serve as a driving force for production, facilitating communication, organization, and accountability across each department.
• Identify and track at-risk aspects of development and patch releases, guiding them to successful completion and deployment.
• Own specific projects and pipelines that relate to the overall success of the game and drive them to a timely completion.
• Own small feature schedule creation and drive it through to completion
• Attend and take notes in any team meetings, and report updates to the leadership team.
• Create, track and manage all tasks for their feature, pipeline or department
• Work with developers to ensure that their tasks are broken down and time estimates are routinely provided.
• Compile and send out regular reports on team progress and accomplishments.
• Identify and communicate all issues that may prevent the team from completing established goals and deadlines.
• Work with team leads to identify and allocate resources necessary for the successful completion of project goals.
• Provide direction and motivation to team members, making sure that goals and deadlines are achieved.
• Work with the team to develop efficient work methods and pipelines.
• Communicate with all members of production, providing visibility on work status, risks and opportunities.
• Schedule and attend meetings as required
• Serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
• Represent the project and be a great ambassador for the studio at all times including at PR events, E3, GDC etc.
• A minimum of 2+ years production experience
• Understanding and experience with software development from source to live release.
• Leadership or project ownership type roles in past employment.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all disciplines and departments.
• Expertise in software development methodologies and project management.
• Working knowledge of feature development
• Unsurpassed verbal and written communication.
• Skilled in risk assessment, management and scheduling.
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
• Passion for Video Games
• Ability to juggle many things at once and bring order to chaos. Excellent problem solver.
• Experience delivering technical projects in a commercial environment.
• Organized, driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• The ability to cope well and perform under pressure working to tight deadlines.
• A team thinker - able to work within a team and to actively work to make that team perform cohesively and collaboratively.
• Highly analytical and able to deliver to deadlines.
• Excellent relationship-building skills.
• Must be willing to work in Santa Monica, CA
• Previous experience with animation and concept pipeline
• Previous QA experience.
• Knowledge of space simulations, FPS games, and MMOs.
• Knowledge of Perforce and build systems
• Proficiency with Jira and Confluence.
• Experience with maintaining a live product
• Experience working with outsource groups
• Passion for sci-fi games and space simulations.