The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Seattle, WA
Big Fish is looking to hire a highly talented Sr, Art Manager/Art Director (depending on experience) to lead, mentor, and manage a team of designers, across a growing portfolio of mobile F2P game titles.
The ongoing acquisition of new players is an integral part of Big Fish's success and this strategic role will oversee and drive all design aspects for these marketing initiatives. This design team is responsible for creating all the assets/banners/video for our outbound mobile UA marketing campaigns. This role reports to the VP of User Acquisition.
- Lead a team of marketing designers, illustrators, and motion artists from project ideation and conceptual development to delivery
- Coach, mentor, and provide career path guidance to the team
- Develop concepts and positioning for user acquisition campaigns across multiple games (including existing game art work along with new creative ideas)
- Drive the creative brainstorm sessions to guide the conversion of creative ideas into effective art and copy
- Direct and assign workflow while supervising and implementing design process
- Incorporate marketing data to help drive ongoing art direction and creative process
- Partner closely with marketing team to achieve user growth goals
- Creatively support the lifecycle of a game from soft launch to worldwide launch
- Manage team leads and/or individual contributors including performance tracking with ongoing training, development of direct reports (<40% of time is devoted to managerial responsibilities)
- Provide necessary artistic/vision guidance with thorough documentation and frequent feedback to team
- Oversee the delivery of tasks from design team members and is accountable for the quality of final handoff and meeting deadlines
- Attend/participate in higher level meetings with other team leads/managers to facilitate higher level project scheduling and create assignments and task distribution and tracking
- Attend and participate in project review meetings with executives studio leadership including review of business metrics
- Communicate high level business and process directives to team with direction from VP of User Acquisition
- May help to set the marketing strategy for products by working with internal and external partners to execute marketing tasks
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a lead artist or art director
- Minimum 5+ years of production experience, with a solid understanding of the game development process
- BFA or equivalent
- Highly proficient in fine art, illustration, and animation fundamentals
- Highly proficient In latest version of Adobe Creative Suite essentially Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Premiere Pro
- Experience in motion graphic design, 3D skills a plus
- Advanced use of tools like Confluence and Jira, SVN
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent at managing, mentoring & developing large teams
- Robust experience with marketing/advertising design a plus ( game industry a plus)
- Able to prioritize work flow for team, experience with juggling multiple clients and projects
- Comfortable presenting to senior management
- Drive to consistently improve as an artist and mentor
- Creative, Flexible, Collaborative and Innovative
- Ability to work in a variety of styles with team of varying skillsets and experience levels
- Strong specialization managing multiple art disciplines
- Able to inspire and motivate others through projects and in day to-day work
- Able to communicate to all levels of leadership across disciplines
- Level-headed, logical and 100% reliable
- Committed and Curious; eager and willing to learn from peers and leaders to enhance performance and expand job knowledge.
- Proactive, consistently seeks challenges and responsibilities that go above and beyond without being asked
- Continually looks for ways to improve oneself by building and maintaining technical strength in areas essential for superior job
Benefits and Perks!
We’ve come a long way, and continue to grow, with just over 600 employees across our Seattle headquarters, Oakland studio, and Luxembourg office. Located in Lower Queen Anne, our corporate offices are conveniently located on the beautiful Puget Sound waterside, just outside the hustle-and-bustle of Downtown. We’re a short walk from great Seattle attractions like Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, shops and restaurants at the pier, and a variety of food truck hot-spots.
Need commuting options? We’re right along multiple bus routes for the transit-takers, the Elliot Bay trail for cyclists, and have a secure on-site garage for two and four-wheeled commuters. Our facilities are built around work and play, with state of the art tools and software, and amenities that make work fun! Take a break in one of our game rooms, refresh yourself with a free snack or beverage, or get out for some fresh air on one of our waterside balconies.
On top of all this, we’ve got you covered with great benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, transportation and fitness discounts, and great work-life balance!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!