The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Rafael, California
Telltale Games is seeking an enthusiastic quality assurance professional to be part of a new QA group dedicated to platform fidelity and certification for our upcoming IPs and current award-winning titles.
This is a senior group that will work closely with project managers, developers, QA teams, and core technologists to ensure our games meet technical standards and perform their best on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Wii U, iOS, PC, Mac and Android platforms.
- Play early builds to identify performance and platform specific risks, evaluating content and recording data for the QA and core platform engineer teams
- Work with art and technology teams to ‘tune’ build parameters and assets to provide the best experience possible on every platform
- Serve as an in-house expert on console, mobile, and desktop platform requirements, working closely with core engineering teams and project managers to diagnose software and hardware issues and verify execution of solutions
- Along with the entire compliance group, develop documentation and process to handle emerging production, core and build engineering requirements as needed to ensure clean submissions to first-party partners
- Set the highest standards for bug discovery, tracking, and detailed reproduction steps to discover critical issues and to guide additional support QA
- Be the funnel for all fidelity and core cross platform technology bugs to add any relevant information in the form of standards documentation, call stacks, and historical data
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience within a QA department as a QA analyst or engineer
- Excellent cross-disciplinary skills, ideally with 3+ years of experience working in a game development capacity as an artist or engineer
- Technical education or equivalent experience with working knowledge of game development pipelines, console tools, art development tools, and/or game engines
- Excellent communication skills (ability to communicate and coordinate between multiple teams and a cross-disciplinary audience).
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.