Stuttgart, Germany - April 21st, 2022 - Strictly Limited Games, in partnership with QUByte Interactive & Piko Interactive are excited to announce that the iconic ‘90s 16-bit shooter Zero Tolerance will receive an exclusive, limited physical release. This 2.5D first person shooter set in a distant alien-infiltrated future celebrates its comeback with some very special editions including not only awesome never before published game content but also exclusive physical collectibles.
Retro cartridges of Zero Tolerance Origins, compatible with Sega® Mega Drive / Sega® Genesis and also the Zero Tolerance Collection for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, as a boxed Limited Edition and Special Limited Edition, will be available for pre-order starting on Sunday, April 24th, at 12 AM CEST (midnight), only at Strictly Limited Games.
Never before published sequel
Zero Tolerance Origins on retro cartridges will come with the original game Zero Tolerance and the never released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground, which starts right where the first part ends.
The Zero Tolerance Collection for modern consoles combines Zero Tolerance, Zero Tolerance Underground and the unlockable prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance to an ultimate compilation of 16-bit shooter action!
About the game:
First released in 1994 for Sega® Mega Drive / Sega® Genesis, Zero Tolerance sets players in a distant future where the universe has to face an alien invasion. That’s when the Zero Tolerance team is being called to protect mankind from the enemy!
- Fight back the aliens’ attack on the spaceship Europe-1 and repel their invasion on earth in Zero Tolerance.
- Hunt down the invaders on a subway mission in the never before released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground.
- Play through Zero Tolerance or Zero Tolerance Underground to unlock the prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance where you defeat the alien enemies on their home planet (only in Zero Tolerance Collection)
- Start Zero Tolerance with one of five characters to choose from - each with own individual attributes
- Collect laser guns, mines, a flamethrower and more to complete your versatile weapon arsenal
- Master several colourful and complex levels spanning over different main areas
- Choose your way to play! Kill all the enemies to enable checkpoints or rush through the levels if you want the thrill
- Including the never before released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground
- Including an unlockable prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance (only in Zero Tolerance Collection)
Strictly Limited Games is giving Zero Tolerance the boxed legacy it deserves, with unique limited editions, available for pre-order exclusively via the Strictly Limited Games online shop.
The Zero Tolerance Collection - Limited Edition is limited to 3,000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,200 for PlayStation 4, at a price of 29.99€ / $34.99, including a colourful game manual.
The Zero Tolerance Collection - Special Limited Edition is limited to 2,000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 800 for PlayStation 4, for 49.99€ / $55.99, including lots of additional collectibles:
- Special Limited Edition Box
- Game for Nintendo Switch or PS4
- Colourful Game Manual
- 2 reversible Posters (DIN A3)
- 3 Logo Stickers
- Postcard Set
- Cardboard Standee
- Soundtrack CD
- Game Flyer (DIN A6)
The retro cartridges of Zero Tolerance Origins will be limited to 1,500 cartridges compatible with Sega® Mega Drive and 1,500 cartridges compatible with Sega® Genesis, each available for 49.99€ / $55.99 including a colourful game manual.
About Strictly Limited Games
Strictly Limited Games is a German publisher based near Stuttgart, specialized in releasing a curated selection of digital download-only games in exclusive collectible physical editions for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch. The company was founded in 2017 by Dennis Mendel, a former scholar for game studies and advisor at Fraunhofer Institute, and Benedict Braitsch. Both passionate collectors with a combined collection of over 7.000 digital and physical games for all console generations, their intention is to form an opposite pole to the current trend of digital-only releases. All collectors’ editions are available exclusively at Strictly Limited Games online store www.strictlylimitedgames.com.
About QUByte Interactive
QUByte is a Brazilian Game Developer and the largest Latin American Publisher on consoles. Our goal is to develop the industry through Porting and Publishing partnerships making games available to a broader audience on all major platforms, so they can realize their full potential.
About PIKO Interactive
PIKO Interactive is the leading content provider for retro video game consoles, plug and play consoles, and retro digital distribution platforms. With over 130 different titles under the catalogue, they constantly work in bringing the highest quality of new retro video games for consoles.