Bristol UK – 21st April 2022. Trolley Problem, Inc., a darkly comedic philosophical adventure which judges players on their awful choices, launches today on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.
Trolley Problem, Inc. is a deeply thoughtful and thoroughly awful narrative game which pressures players into making decisions based on genuine philosophical problems and then judges them, and the world, on their choices.
See the Trolley Problem, Inc. in all its judgemental glory here.
With scenarios that challenge opinions on immigration, corporate espionage, religion, vaccinations… even the nature of decision making itself, Trolley Problem, Inc. will take players on a journey that will challenge how they view the world, themselves and ultimately the concept of free will.
Players are initially assessed as new recruits to Trolley Problem, Inc. – their suitability for employment determined through some initial introductory problem solving which only affects the lives of a few people and a dog. Two choices are offered – then a countdown begins. Pick the option you feel is right – but justifying your decisions to any family or friends watching you? Well, that’s your problem.
“Everything is awful at the moment,” says Samuel Read-Graves, developer of Trolley Problem, Inc. “so what better way to take your mind off that fact by playing something which will make you feel worse? Trolley Problem, Inc. presents some genuinely testing and morally challenging scenarios based on philosophical problems and has been designed to spark debate in a format only possible through videogames. The journey isn’t entirely bleak – there are moments that I hope will make players laugh out loud – but ultimately, it’s a game about making hard choices and discovering more about yourself and how your moral compass compares with the rest of the world.”
Trolley Problem, Inc. features:
- 55 intensely thought-provoking multiple-choice questions across a 90-minute playtime
- Streamer mode allows content creators to engage with a live viewing audience
- Multiple profiles allow local players to compare and discuss their choice – whilst global statistics reflect the choices players across the world have made
- References to the original philosophical papers
- A host of unlockables to discover throughout the game
- The strangest ‘Achievements’ ever featured in a video game
- Voice acting by Dead Ringers, Spitting Image and Skins actor, Jan Ravens
- Support in 10 different languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Arabic
Trolley Problem, Inc. is now available on Steam and the Epic Games Store on 21 April 2022 priced at £8.99 / $10.99 / €10.99. It has been developed by ReadGraves and will be published by Yogscast Games.
Samuel Read-Graves is a solo developer based in Bury St Edmunds. While he's best known as executive producer on Gang Beasts, he has previously written Dream and Mainlining. He is keen to focus on smaller, unique interactive experiences letting players and streamers experience and share more novel and offbeat adventures.
About Yogscast Games
Yogscast Games is the independent publisher dedicated to independent developers, founded in 2017 by The Yogscast.