Paris, November 30, 2021 – Based on the world-famous TV show, the game Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? - New Edition launches today on PlayStation 5. This Edition will also launch on December 7 in North America. Based on the hugely popular, award-winning Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) format which recently celebrated its 20th anniversary and has been adapted in over 120 countries worldwide, this version of the game offers additional content, that will be available early 2022 on PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One consoles.
The extra content includes:
- More than 3,000 new questions, for a grand total of 8,000 questions!
- New question packs to put your knowledge about the Olympic Games or the Justice League to the test!
- An option to remove the timer allowing everyone to take the time they need to submit their final answer!
- A new “quick game” mode focusing only on questions and answers letting players reach the million faster!
- Enhanced models and animations immersing all contestants even more into the real game show!
Additionally, the game will keep being updated over the next year with new themed question packs, featuring categories like sports, movies and even video games! Stay tuned for more information about what’s to come!
About the game:
- The closest experience you’ll get to being a contestant on the show! Reach the top of the well-known and intimidating moneytree by answering, without missing any, a series of 15 increasingly harder questions. Your general knowledge will be put to the test with more than 8,000 questions split into diverse categories such as History, Sport, Science, Art & Literature, etc. Of course, the game features the famous lifelines such as ‘Phone a Friend’, ‘Ask the Audience’, 50-50 and ‘Switch the Question’ to help you in your quest!
- Who Wants to be a Millionaire? offers an enjoyable experience for the whole family thanks to two difficulty settings: a Solo mode with a normal difficulty and a Solo mode dedicated to kids with simpler questions specifically aimed at a younger audience.
- Challenge your friends and family members with the local multiplayer game modes:
- The mode “Free-for-All” will see up to 4 players, each with their own controller, challenge each other simultaneously on a series of questions. May the best one win!
- In “Taking Turns“, gather up to 10 players for a stressful game of sudden death where a wrong answer means you’re eliminated. Playable with just one controller, this mode is also available with a “Family” setting allowing everyone to take part in the action!
- In the “Cooperative” mode, team up with up to 3 other players and work together to reach the goal. Using compromise and persuasion will be essential to win!
- Those looking for the ultimate online multiplayer thrill, look no further: Battle up to 99 players in a “Battle Royale” mode and try to reach the top position!
Microids is a French video game publisher. Founded in 1985, Microids’ editorial strategy now focuses on 4 major areas: adventure games, racing games, retro gaming and games inspired by iconic titles. By collaborating with renowned studios and authors (Revolution Software, Pendulo Studios, Eden Studios, Benoît Sokal, Paul Cuisset, Philippe Dessoly and Pierre Adane), Microids has become a major player in international video games. Taking inspiration from legendary titles, Microids reaches a wide audience and creates original adventures which give gamers the chance to play as some of their most beloved characters.
About “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?”
The iconic game show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” is a Sony Pictures Television format. The multi-award-winning franchise has been adapted in over 120 countries around the world. In addition to the recent U.K. revival hosted by Jeremy Clarkson on ITV, other successful long-running adaptations include “Wer wird Millionär?” (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Germany), where it has continuously aired on RTL with host Günther Jauch since 1999; “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? India), which first aired in 2000 hosted by Amitabh Bachchan; and “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” Australia, hosted by Eddie McGuire, since 1999. The format recently returned to Italy, France, the Netherlands, Argentina, Chile and Croatia, and continues to reach all corners of the globe. “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” has won over 65 awards worldwide, including a BAFTA, an Emmy and seven National Television Awards in the UK.
About Sony Pictures Television
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly-owned and joint-venture production companies across the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
©2021 Microids SA. Published by Microids SA. All rights reserved. Developed by Appeal. All rights reserved. Produced under license from Sony Pictures Television ©2020 CPT Holdings.,Inc. All Rights Reserved.
“Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” and all associated logos, images and trademarks are owned and/or controlled by Sony Pictures Television.