Restore civilization to the end of the world as you build your colony. Explore, trade, develop, and expand into a new world full of risk to reap the rewards. As the fearless leader of the colony, it is up to you to make the tough choices necessary to see your colonists through to a thriving dawn. Surviving the Aftermath launches alongside the Endgame content update, allowing players to uncover the secrets behind the world-ending event and prepare to survive another apocalypse .
Surviving the Aftermath Key Features:
- Build and Manage a Colony: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 130 buildings and survive a harsh world filled with danger. Stay prepared, a natural disaster or environmental catastrophe can doom an ill-equipped settlement.
- Recruit and Manage Specialists: Recruit over 80 unique specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources. Outfit your specialists with gear to defend the colony from attacking bandits and rampaging wildlife.
- Explore a Procedurally Generated World: Send your specialists outside your colony and into a procedurally generated world. Meet rival colony leaders and trade resources or compete for survival. Specialists can set up outposts and gather materials, giving your colony an edge.
- Make Tough Choices: Surviving the post-apocalypse means making impossible decisions. The colony’s fate depends on your judgement, every choice can impact your colony’s happiness and affect its future.
- Discover the Truth: Specialists will stumble upon mysteries while exploring the world. Uncover secrets surrounding the apocalypse and prepare your colony for survival if it should happen again.
“When we launched Surviving the Aftermath into Early Access, we said we’d work alongside our community for content updates and launch the game on PlayStation 4. The world has changed drastically since then, but we stayed true to our word, and even gone beyond our original promises,” says Lasse Liljedahl, Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath at Iceflake Studios, “Surviving the Aftermath had 20 content updates throughout Early Access, all of which incorporated player feedback. We expanded our launch platforms to include Nintendo Switch. This was a tremendous undertaking during unprecedented times, but as we say at the studio `the end of Early Access is only the beginning.` We have plans for more content for Surviving the Aftermath, so you can plan on enjoying the end of the world for years to come!”
Surviving the Aftermath debuted first in Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview during PDX CON October 2019, and launched into Steam Early Access last October. Throughout early access, Iceflake and Paradox have incorporated player feedback into 20 major content updates, introducing features that expand the World Map and Colony systems, enhance combat, and add endgame content that sheds light on the nexus of the apocalypse.
For more information on Surviving the Aftermath, Paradox and Iceflake, visit www.survivingtheaftermath.com.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
For more information, please visit our forums and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.