The Netherlands, November 29, 2021 – Flying Squirrel Entertainment has officially announced Battle Cry of Freedom, an ambitious multiplayer title inspired by Mount & Blade. Delivering brutal real-time first and third-person combat against the backdrop of 19th Century America, it’s the culmination of ten years' work.
Developed by a studio famed for their creation of the beloved Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars expansion, these wartime re-enactors have struck a unique balance between historical accuracy and gameplay, providing players with the opportunity to fight in massive 300 player battles.
Players take on the role of the Union or the Confederacy within Battle Cry of Freedom’s 14 massive battlefields, all of which are inspired by famous locations throughout the United States. With dozens of classes to choose from, each with unique load-outs, players take on key responsibilities to win the day on the bloody battlefields of America. From constructing barricades, digging trenches, and rigging explosives with the multi-purpose Engineer, to raising troop morale through music as Fifers or Drummers.
Battle Cry of Freedom also supports custom maps with accessible tools to allow players to create their own battlefields for reenactments or combat. Combined with its dynamic time of day and weather effects, soldiers fight in ever-changing locations; fog, rain, and storms all have a direct impact on visibility and ballistics.
Battle Cry of Freedom can be wish-listed now on Steam, and prospective recruits can step onto the battlefield in the first half of 2022. While you wait, be sure to check out the development team’s YouTube channel for upcoming development blogs. It's time to enlist, Soldier!
- Accurate mid-19th century weapons, uniforms, and environments.
- Massive multiplayer battles with up to 300 players simultaneously fighting each other on the same battlefield.
- A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canisters, explosive shells, case shots, solid shots, bolts, and more. - all fully controllable by players.
- Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives.
- Destructible environments; players can use a range of artillery, axes, and explosives to destroy various buildings, bridges, walls, trees, and other structures.
- Special musician units with drums, fifes, bugles, banjos, violins, or pianos able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award-winning musicians.
- More than 50 classical and folk background music tracks.
- Wage war on more than 14 maps all across North America or play on a Randomly Generated map.
- Create your own maps with the included easy-to-learn but powerful Scene Editor.
- Participate in the community and enlist with a Regiment (Clan) to take part in massive, organized battles with players re-enacting historically accurate tactics of the Civil War Era.
- Over 120 server settings allow you to personalize every detail of the game.