When collectors discuss rare games, Rendering Ranger: R² for the Super Famicom is bound to come up. Released only in Japan, the game featured amazing pre-rendered graphics and plenty of action! Today, Ziggurat Interactive is pleased to announce they are bringing it back via a SNES physical cartridge release through Limited Run Games…and pre-orders are live now!
Visit the pre-order page - https://limitedrungames.com/collections/rendering-ranger-r2
Pre-orders close on Sunday, September 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Originally created by Manfred Trenz of Turrican fame and developed by Rainbow Arts, Rendering Ranger: R² blends the familiar side-scrolling gameplay of Contra with gameplay that resembles R-Type's space shooter levels.
Take on the role of a special forces soldier tasked with saving the Earth from an alien invasion while you expand your arsenal of weapons and take your fight to the enemy in this post-apocalyptic adventure.
Features of Rendering Ranger: R² Include:
- Gut-wrenching, side-scrolling action with sprawling stage design and cinematic presentation
- Mind-blowingly fast horizontal shooting stages unlike ever seen before on Super Nintendo
- Upgradeable weapons, tons of enemies, and dynamic on-scene mayhem at nearly every turn
- Gigantic bosses, fully rendered in 90s Silicon Graphics
- Timeless 16-bit action at its best from legendary game creator Manfred Trenz (creator of the Turrican series)
- Releasing worldwide for the very first time since its original release back in 1995
A press kit for Ziggurat Interactive is available here.
More info about Ziggurat Interactive, its current lineup, and upcoming announcements is available on Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and its official website.