IRVINE, Calif., (August 15, 2022) – Leading video game publisher and developer Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. today announced ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS, the sequel to the hit 2019 title that brings the series’ arcade fishing experience to home consoles for the first time in the Americas. The game challenges players to follow quests to clean the world’s oceans for a sustainable future in Story Mode, play aquatic-themed medal pusher games, enjoy multiplayer games like Gator Panic and Goldfish Scooping in Party Mode, and even wage online battles for the first time in the series. ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS is slated to launch on October 28, 2022 for the Nintendo Switch™ as a digital download.
ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS introduces players to Marine Medal Mania, an aquarium-themed amusement park where they can explore and experience exciting games among five distinct attractions. In the game, anglers compete to catch fish and earn medals they can use to spin for prizes. Players can also collect from more than 250 different types of fish to store in their personal aquarium. ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS features single-player, couch co-op, and online multiplayer in a variety of different game modes, from Arcade and Story to the unique and thrilling Shark Fever Medal Pusher Mode.
“ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS is set to bring fun and endless excitement to players,” said Yayoi Tomidokoro, Producer, Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. “With ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS coming to Switch, soon players throughout the Americas will be able to experience the latest installment of this popular fishing franchise in the comfort of their home or on the go and can get in on the excitement with friends and family using the Joy-Con for hands-on fishing controls, and even compete with other online anglers from around the world.”
Features and game modes available in ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS include:
- Ace Angler +, The Fishing Medal Game – Experience ACE ANGLER’s arcade version at home with up to four players, all stages from the previous game, as well as newly added arcade stages and Nintendo Switch-exclusive stages.
- Story Mode: Legend of the Poisoned Seas – Players are challenged to travel across the globe and rescue the oceans from poison and garbage for future generations. By clearing time sensitives, players can advance the story, and learn fascinating facts about actual marine life.
- Online Ultimate Angler Competition – Engage in online fishing battles where up to four people can catch fish, collect stars for each victory earned, and aim to become the Ultimate Angler.
- Ace Angler Party – This mode features 12 marine-themed party games, along with other fishing competitions where players compete to catch the heaviest or most valuable fish.
- Medal Pusher Game: Shark Fever – The goal of this game is to catch a great white shark by knocking down five balls to trigger a Shark Battle to receive many Medals.
The announcement trailer for ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS is available via following YouTube link (ready for embedding): https://youtu.be/XnXEOXnW9TA
For press only, static assets are available at the Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. press room at www.bneapressroom.com; a library of video trailers ready for embedding are available on our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/c/BandaiNamcoEntertainmentAmerica.
For information on this and other products from Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., please visit www.bandainamcoent.com or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS, or join the conversation on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
# # #
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of the Bandai Namco Group, is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive entertainment for major video game consoles, PC, online, and mobile platforms. The company is known for creating many of the industry’s beloved classic franchises such as PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®, and publishing the critically acclaimed DARK SOULS™ series and the blockbuster title ELDEN RING™. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is also the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime-based video games including GUNDAM™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL™, and ONE PIECE®. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is headquartered in Irvine, California. More information about the company and its products can be found at http://www.bandainamcoent.com.
©Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.
©Bandai Namco Amusement Inc.
Press Release © Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
fortyseven communications on behalf of Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
# # #