Canada, 26 May, 2022 - Clanfolk is set to launch into Early Access on July 14, 2022. Developed by MinMax Games and inspired by Prison Architect and Rimworld, the medieval Scottish colony sim offers a harsh lesson in survival.
Clanfolk is intentionally challenging and is designed to test players as winter approaches. Food will initially be plentiful and the nights warm until the seasons change and resources begin to dwindle. With procedurally generated maps, players will need to find the perfect location to put down roots if their Clan is to thrive.
Each member of your Clan has their own behavior traits that directly impacts how each character lives their life in your colony. Some will be afraid of the dark, meaning that bedrooms should be well lit to get better sleep, while others will have a high metabolism so they’ll eat more food but also work and move faster. Managing this, alongside the maintenance of your homestead, is key to not only surviving but also building strong relations with neighboring Clans.
With fully simulated weather conditions and seasons, each day in the Scottish highlands is unique. As you clear the land and build your homestead exactly how you choose you’ll need to juggle a complex hierarchy of needs that governs how your Clanfolk live their lives. This will ultimately determine whether you last through the winter. Played across generations, from birth until death, Clanfolk’s depth and scope is vast, granting players complete control over their experience and how they manage their survival. Will you survive the winter?
Clanfolk enters early access on July 14th. Players can wishlist the game now and experience the demo on Steam. You can view the Press Kit here and if you'd like a review copy of Clanfolk, please fill in this form.
- Get to know and care for your Clanfolk, across generations, from birth until their eventual death.
- Develop strong relations with neighbouring Clans, meeting guests, workers, and traders.
- Clear the land and build your homestead, exactly how you choose.
- A complex hierarchy of needs system governs how your Clanfolk live their life in the community you plan for them.
- Process resources and craft everything you need from the environment, using historically accurate methods.
- Full world simulation including weather, seasons, warmth, freezing, and much more. Each day is a little different.
About MinMax Games
Established in 2009 and based in Canada, MinMax Games is a two person company specializing in passion projects. Creators of Space Pirates and Zombies 1 & 2, as well as Golftopia, Clanfolk is their latest title that’s soon to hit Early Access after four years of development.