For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, Feb 15th, 2006 - Matrix Games www.matrixgames.com and Wintervalley Software www.wintervalley.com are proud to announce the second sports title in the Matrix Games line, Maximum-Football, has gone gold and is expected to release early next week as the first 3D sports strategy game of the 21st Century.
Primarily a coaching and management game, Maximum-Football is a robust North American Football game where you can change nearly every single aspect of the rules and features. Use Indoor, outdoor, Canadian, or American rules, or any combination thereof. Utilize the robust play editing system to create your own playbook specifically tailored for the team you drafted and trained in the pre-season. Compete in player run leagues and discover if you have what it takes for a championship ring.
It isn't just managing every aspect of a team though, Maximum-Football also features fully functional coaching and arcade mode where you can watch the action or take the controls to run, pass, block, and tackle in true 3D. The feature list for Maximum-Football is tremendous, but here is a peek at just some of the key items on the list. For the complete list, please visit the Matrix Games Maximum-Football forum at www.matrixgames.com.
Maximum-Football Feature List:
- Multiple rules styles. Play Canadian, American Pro, American Amateur, or Indoor styles of football, all with a single game.
- Ability to mix and match some rules to create your own league with your own rules.
- Fully DirectX based with full 3D game play environment. This is not a text based game.
- The Play Development System. The most advanced play design system available for any football title on any platform. A point and draw system allows you to draw the player routes and assign scripted actions to the player along those routes. Most plays imaginable can be created with the PDS. Works with all rules styles.
- A full practice mode allows you to take to the full 3D practice field and run your newly created plays with or without a defense.
- Open source team artwork allows for simple addition of user created artwork for team uniforms and field artwork.
- Basic career mode allows for drafting players from a free agent pool, developing their skills through a training camp system, and watching them perform on the field until they eventually retire.
Discover the ultimate gridiron game! Maximum-Football will be available next week from the Matrix Games store at www.matrixgames.com.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over two dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Highway to the Reich, Gary Grigsby's World At War, Flashpoint Germany, Battles In Normandy, Starshatter and Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
ABOUT WINTERVALLEY SOFTWARE
Founded in 1990 as a side business, Wintervalley has grown to produce the first game for the Canadian Football League in 1999. Since then they have been tirelessly working on Maximum-Football which will be released early 2005. Wintervalley's founder, David A. Winter, is an ex-navy seaman in the Canadian Navy and believes that games should be created for all types of gamers, rather than tailored to a select few. More information can be found at their website, http://www.maximum-football.com.