The Golden Joystick Awards ceremony will be broadcast on Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 9.30pm GMT / 4.30pm EST and 1.30pm PST via Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and GamesRadar+.
- Hosted by Hollywood stars, Emily Rose and Nolan North, best known for working together as the lead actors on the Uncharted games series, Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher.
- Special guests from across the gaming world will present over 20 Golden Joystick Awards to this year’s winners, including Studio of the Year, Ultimate Game of the Year and Best Game Community, as well as special awards Ultimate Game of All Time and Best Gaming Hardware of All Time.
- '50 Years of Games' exclusive pre-show documentary - from SpecialGun Productions, the producers of the Top Gear Gaming Show; featuring the most influential developers, games and hardware of the last half a century; including EA Founder Trip Hawkins, Doom co-creator John Romero and award-winning game designer Brenda Romero, plus a host of special guests.
- '50 Years of Games' - a special musical performance from over 20 artists inc. The Chalkeaters, Trent Hamilton and Lenny, featuring video gaming's most beloved soundtracks and including some surprise guests!
- OlliOlli World, the bold new skateboarding action-platformer, will reveal one of its core elements during this year's Golden Joystick Awards: The soundtrack! Music has always been a key component to help put players into a Zen-like flow-state so tune in to hear a selection of tracks featured in OlliOlli World when it launches this winter.
- Exclusive game trailers and world premieres, including a special look at sci-fi thriller The Invincible and a world premier from open world survival horror game, Wronged Us.
Emily Rose said: “Join us on November 23rd to find out which games, studios and creatives have been chosen by you – the global gaming public – as the best games of the year, as well as special awards celebrating 50 years of videogames. It’s going to be a blast. Don’t miss it!”
Nolan North said: “We are honored to be presenting the Golden Joystick Awards – and what a show we have lined up for you! This year’s awards celebrate 50 years of video games. So as well as all the usual fun we will also be handing out gongs for the Ultimate Game of All Time and the Best Gaming Hardware of All Time. Will it be your favorite? Tune in on November 23rd to find out.”
The prestigious awards show is now in its 39th year and is the world’s largest public-voted gaming awards event attracting millions of votes every year. This year’s event is supported by Develop:Brighton. For more information visit Golden Joystick Awards 2021 or follow us on Twitter and Facebook #GoldenJoystickAwards #50YearsOfGames.
Helen Jones / Eva Field
[email protected] or [email protected].
Notes to Editors
About The Golden Joystick Awards
The Golden Joystick Awards honour the people and products that have transformed the games industry in 2021. The event features over 20 categories, the majority of which are voted for by the global gaming public. The event was first held in 1983 and since then it has grown to become the world’s largest public voted gaming awards brand. For more information visit Golden Joystick Awards 2021 or follow us on twitter.com/goldenjoysticks, facebook.com/goldenjoysticks/.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. It connects over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. Every year Future attracts millions of consumers to its brands’ websites, magazines, events and social spaces. Its factual production company Barcroft Studios specialises in producing amazing content, enjoyed and shared by millions of people worldwide.
Its market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spans technology, games, TV and entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, creative and photography, hobbies, home interest and B2B sectors. Brands include Techradar, Gamesradar+, Country Life, woman&home, Marie Claire UK, Classic Rock, Guitar Player, FourFourTwo, TV Times, Homebuilding & Renovating, Decanter, Digital Camera, Guitarist, How It Works, Total Film, What Hi-Fi? and Music Week. In print Future’s brands have a combined global circulation of over 3 million.