Theale, UK - February 24th, 2022 - Milestone and Dorna Sports S.L. are proud to announce MotoGP™22, the next chapter of the celebrated two-wheel racing simulation game. Coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch™ and Steam MotoGP™22 are set to launch on April 21st, 2022.
Watch the trailer here.
MotoGP™22 continues the great legacy of the franchise, adding amazing new features to the game. (NINE) Season 2009 is a brand-new mode to re-live one of the most incredible seasons in the MotoGP™ history. Players will enjoy a real docu-film narrated by Mark Neale, director of the best MotoGP™ documentaries, with more than 50 minutes of original footage from the 2009 Season. But players won’t just witness history, they will be part of it too! In fact, the fate of the race will be in the player’s hands thanks to dedicated challenges to re-live and play the most iconic moments. Players will find themselves in the boots of legendary riders such as Rossi, Pedrosa, Stoner and Lorenzo, trying to replicate history!
This year, MotoGP™22 has also added new features dedicated to the newcomers who are not familiar with the series, and to those who simply want to improve their style and master the gameplay mechanics. With the Revised Tutorial and the new MotoGP™ Academy now everyone can become a champion.
The Revised Tutorial is a series of short gameplay sessions with custom rules, to help new players to understand the basics of the game and feel confident on the bike. The new MotoGP™ Academy will teach how to improve and perfect their riding style to be faster on every track, through specific challenges focused on electronics, tire consumption, brakes temperature and core differences between the three main categories.
On top of that, the Adaptive Difficulty System will help players through in-game pop-up messages, suggesting how to adapt and modify the difficulty level based on their skills. For example, the game could recommend lowering the difficulty if players do not complete specific challenges or enable some help in case of too many falls, or even suggest playing the tutorial dedicated to the tire consumption in case they finished a race with tires in bad conditions. These hints will appear at the end of the race and players are free to follow these suggestions or not.
For those who are looking for a true next generation experience, here’s what the game has to offer:
- A level of realism never seen before: new face animations, improved 3D characters and pits
- Ride Height Device: players will be able to manually manage the locking mechanism of the RHD and control the compression of the bike’s suspensions
- Enhanced tracks: surfaces have been improved to have a better rideability
- Improved Suspension system: refined for a better feeling when passing over curbs
- Tire deformation: a more realistic tire behavior making the experience even closer to reality
Bigger, sharper, faster!
- MotoGP™22 includes the full 2022 season with all the official content, including 120+ official riders and 20+ official circuits. Additionally, 70+ Historic Riders and bikes are available to bring back all the emotions of MotoGP™ legends.
- The Managerial Career is back, allowing players to create their own team or join a real one managing every aspect of the strategy, from bike development to the dedicated staff that will support the rider. Players can also customize the season itself, choosing which Grand Prix they want to play from a different set of calendars.
- And for the first time in the series, MotoGP™22 features the highly anticipated 2-player local split-screen*, online multiplayer* and cross-play through consoles of the same family.
Founded in Milan in 1996, Milestone S.r.l. is one of the leading and longest established racing game developer in the world. The 200+ people team is responsible for hit series like MotoGP™, MXGP and Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame, as well as own IPs Ride and Gravel. For more information please visit www.milestone.it
The group’s publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe, America, Australia and Asia. Koch Media has more than 25 years of experience in the digital media business and has risen to become a leading global publishing partner. The Koch Media Group runs a multi-label strategy with fully owned publishing units such as Prime Matter, Deep Silver, Milestone, Vertigo Games and Ravenscourt, publishing games for consoles, PC and VR platforms across all physical and digital channels.
Additionally, as global publishing partner Koch Media has formed long-term multi-national publishing collaborations with numerous game publishers including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, CI Games, Giants Software, Kalypso, Koei Tecmo, Konami, Paradox, Sega, SNK, Square Enix, Techland, Tripwire, Warner Bros, and many others.
With its parent company in Höfen, Austria, and the Publishing HQ in Munich, Germany, Koch Media owns local publishing companies in Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, the United States as well as Japan and Hong Kong.
The Koch Media Group owns nine game development studios: Deep Silver Volition (Champaign, IL / USA), Deep Silver Dambuster Studios (Nottingham / UK), Deep Silver Fishlabs (Hamburg / Germany), Warhorse Studios (Prague / Czech Republic), Milestone (Milan / Italy), Voxler (Paris / France) , Flying Wild Hog (Warsaw, Kraków, Rzeszów / Poland), Free Radical Design (Nottingham / UK), Vertigo Games (Rotterdam /The Netherlands) and DigixArt (Montpellier, France). Additionally, the Koch Media Group collaborates with numerous independent development studios around the world.
Part of the Koch Media Group is also Koch Films, a leading European independent film distributor with business primarily in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy as a cinema, TV, online and Home Entertainment distributor. The Koch Media Group also owns Gaya Entertainment, a leading video game merchandise company in Munich, Germany, and the Quality Assurance Facility in Olomouc, Czech Republic.
Koch Media is an Embracer Group company.