The tome MÖRK BORG Cult: Heretic includes creatures, classes, optional rules and generators as well as four adventures; Nurse the Rot, Graves Left Wanting, Sepulchre of the Swamp Witch and Bloat. A MÖRK BORG GM Screen will also be released alongside this evil tome.
The multiple award-winning RPG MÖRK BORG is designed by Pelle Nilsson (Ockult Örtmästare Games) and Johan Nohr (Stockholm Kartell) and is published by Free League Publishing under the sub-label Free League Workshop.
Mörk Borg Cult: Heretic Trailer:
In the heinous tome of curses and hexes, you’ll find:
- Seeds of a CVLT. Use this to generate cults, their leaders, beliefs, and spiritual home.
- Unheroic Feats. Enhance and personalize your classless characters with these optional advancement rules.
- Graves Left Wanting. A campaign-starting or post-TPK tombcrawl adventure where the PCs find themselves buried alive in the vast, ever-changing cemetery Graven-Tosk.
- Bloat. Villagers disappear. Tracks lead to an underground temple of bacchanalian frenzy, reeking of rot, offal, and bile. A two-page dungeon for the peckish.
- You are Cursed. So, you opened the puzzle box, whistled in the old mine, or carelessly removed the protecting wards? These curses will be the consequence. Luckily, there are ways to break them, but it comes at a cost.
- The Merchant. Cursed with eternal life and destined to roam the world trading shards of souls for ruinous relics. You never know when this mysterious monger might appear. Will you make a deal?
- Blackpowder Weapons for the Rich and Foolhardy. The world is ending, so let's end it with a BANG. These optional rules are the spark that adds fire- to your fights.
- Sepulchre of the Swamp Witch. In a hidden repository deep in the Slithering Swamp is a witch's altar of glyph-covered roots. They say it can fulfill any wish. Could stopping the approaching Doom be within its powers? Only one way to find out.
- The Bone Bowyer. This horrid fey lurks in the tangled depths of Sarkash where it fashions heart-seeking bone bows and blood-dyed cloaks from the flesh of the lost.
- Borg Bitor. Vile, insectoid parasites creeping into houses and nurseries come nighttime. There is a baby. There is an egg. Don't let them become one.
- Rotting Nurse. Ghastly caretakers tormented by the eternal punishment for unforgivable atrocities. This foe is beyond any of you. Run!
- Nurse the Rot. As you put Mother Marathuk—one of you dreg’s aunt—to rest, the village Tunstal sinks into darkness, leaving it to its doom unless something is done.
- Two additional, optional classes: The bastard of a bard Sacrilegious Songbird and the Shedding Vicar, a fanatic preaching the skinless gosp.
The MÖRK BORG GM Screen is a five-paneled portrait, printed with gold metallic ink on one side and vivid neon yellow on the other. The front is all art, five scenes of various locales and important characters. The GM-facing side sports a wide array of tables and rules summaries that might come in handy during play.
A doom metal album of a game. A spiked flail to the face.
Light on rules, heavy everything else.
MÖRK BORG is a pitch-black fantasy RPG about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches in a bleak world. Confront power-draining necromancers, skulking skeletal warriors and backstabbing wickheads.
MÖRK BORG is a complete game in the OSR genre, that can be played as is or be picked apart for use in your own homebrew. The rules are easily made compatible with most of the editions of the world’s largest role-playing game.
Find out more
Free League Publishing is a Swedish game creator and publisher dedicated to speculative fiction. We have published a wide range of award-winning tabletop roleplaying games and acclaimed art books set in strange and wondrous worlds.
Our upcoming game include the official BLADE RUNNER RPG, Ruins of Symbaroum 5E, Into the Odd Remastered, and CY_BORG.
Our current game portfolio includes The One Ring™, Tales From the Loop – The Board Game, the official ALIEN RPG (Gold ENNIE for Best Game 2020), the Gothic horror game Vaesen (winner of three ENNIE Awards 2021), the pitch-black fantasy RPG MÖRK BORG (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2020), the alternate '80s Tales from the Loop (winner of five ENNIE Awards 2017, including Best Game), the retro-fantasy Forbidden Lands (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2019), the postapocalyptic Mutant: Year Zero (Silver ENNIE for Best Rules 2015), the science fiction game Coriolis – The Third Horizon (Judge's Spotlight Award 2017), the dark fantasy game Symbaroum, and the new edition of the RPG classic Twilight: 2000.
We have also published the art books Tales from the Loop, Things From the Flood, The Electric State and The Labyrinth by internationally acclaimed visual artist Simon Stålenhag, as well as the illustrated edition of the Lovecraft classics At the Mountains of Madness - Volume 1 & II and The Call of Cthulhu by the praised artist François Baranger.
UPCOMING GAMES & EXPANSIONS:
DEATH IN SPACE
Ruins of Symbaroum 5E
Vaesen: Mythic Britain & Ireland
Forbidden Lands: Book of Beasts & The Bloodmarch
ALIEN: Heart of Darkness
Into the Odd