Company launches new suites of services, including a white-label publishing division and a video game fund
LONDON (March 17, 2023) – Kepler Interactive announced today that its first full year of operation following its 2021 launch has seen revenues exceed $50 million USD, whilst detailing a robust, strategic roadmap for 2023 and beyond with new investment and publishing partnerships.
Kepler is the first global publisher co-owned and run by creators and in 2022 it saw the hugely successful launches from founding studios Ebb Software (Scorn) and Sloclap (Sifu). The multi-award-nominated Sifu sold more than 1 million copies in its first three weeks and has since surpassed 2 million global sales ahead of its arrival on Xbox and Steam later this month.
In addition to the strong $50m+ revenue in 2022, Kepler also saw significant cash generation, reaffirming the rationale for building a collective business model that harnesses the creativity and independence of its member studios.
Announcement of multiple new partnerships to drive further growth
Building upon its exceptional performance in 2022, Kepler Interactive today announces a series of new partnerships to drive further growth in new markets and to expand its range of developer-first offerings.
- Kepler Interactive today reveals investment in award-winning Singapore-based studio The Gentlebros, creators of the million-selling Cat Quest franchise across PC, consoles and mobile. Kepler is currently supporting on the Cat Quest back catalog and adding valuable expertise in the mobile gaming space. It will also partner with The Gentlebros on future releases.
- Additionally, Kepler Interactive revealed a global publishing partnership with Montpellier-based Sandfall Interactive, a new studio focused on delivering incredible stories in gorgeous fantasy worlds. Sandfall’s debut game, an epic single-player narrative-driven adventure, is currently in development.
- Following the successful launches of Sifu and Scorn in China, Kepler Interactive will deepen its partnership with China-based marketing and PR agency IOI Gamer, which provides valuable boots-on-the-ground support in the market for Kepler’s portfolio of current and future titles.
Launch of a new suite of services to diversify Kepler’s developer-first support offerings
Kepler Interactive is building on its creativity-first approach by launching a new suite of services for a curated set of games and studios.
Today, the company is unveiling a white-label publishing service offering Kepler’s in-house, best-in-class marketing and publishing talent at an industry-leading 15 percent base revenue share. The service empowers developers to remain self-published while building their own brand and community with support.
White-label projects are already underway, including:
- Eternights, set to be self-published by Studio Sai with behind-the-scenes support from the Kepler publishing team.
- The unannounced debut game from Hadoque, the Swedish developer helmed by El Huervo, the renowned artist known for their work on the critically acclaimed Hotline Miami series.
Kepler Interactive is also today announcing a new partnership with Kowloon Nights. The revered video-game fund will now operate a new division within Kepler Interactive, funding even more exceptional developers across the world and empowering them to create games with complete creative freedom. The division's first funded project from Seattle-based Aggro Crab will start development later this year.
Commenting on Kepler’s first full year of operation, CEO Alexis Garavaryan said: “We started Kepler with the ambition to offer the best environment for exceptional teams to thrive. Last year’s results have validated this aspiration beyond our wildest expectations.”
“As we look forward to 2023 and beyond, our mission is to continue our growth into a leading entertainment company co-owned and run by creators. Nurturing a vibrant ecosystem around Kepler and beyond, offering total artistic independence, operational support, and cross-pollination between outstanding teams. This exceptional year set us on a trajectory where we can offer those services to a broader group of studios.”
Headquartered in London, Kepler Interactive has grown to a team of over 300 across the world since its inception, becoming Great Place to Work UK - Certified™ by the global authority on workplace culture. Its slate of releases in partnership with its founding studios for 2023 includes the highly-anticipated open-world tropical adventure, Tchia, coming to PC (via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on March 21, 2023, and the open-world action-RPG, Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn.
# # #
Kepler Interactive: https://www.kepler-interactive.com/
Kepler Interactive Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kepler_Interact
Kowloon Nights: https://www.kowloonnights.com/
Sandfall Interactive: https://www.sandfall.co/
About Kepler Interactive:
Kepler Interactive is the first global publisher co-owned and run by creators. Launched in 2021 and led by the founders of Kowloon Nights, Kepler nurtures creativity through collaboration with each of its founding studio partners having a stake in the business and a leadership role in strategic decision-making, whilst retaining total artistic independence. Following the successful launches of Ebb Software’s, Scorn, and Sloclap’s two million selling and critically acclaimed, Sifu, Kepler’s studio partners are as varied as they are talented, including A44 Games (Ashen, Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn) in New Zealand, Alpha Channel and Awaceb (Tchia) in Canada, and Timberline (The Red Lantern) in North America and Shapefarm in Asia. Kepler Interactive is headquartered in London. Learn more at https://www.kepler-interactive.com/.