The game will arrive on PC, Mac and Linux May 25th 2022.
Hanging Gardens Interactive has completed the development of Sonority. The game is one of the winners in the category "Best Prototype" at the German Computer Game Awards 2020. In the lovingly hand-designed game world with graphically diverse areas, players will discover an unusual puzzle mechanic in which obstacles must be moved by arranging sequences of sounds. The mechanics slowly become more complex and surprise the player again and again with new variations on the theme.
- Sonority reviews are under embargo until 04:01am Eastern Time on May 25th 2022 - please don't post your review until then! (That's 9:01am GMT / 10:01am CET.)
- If you would like to share hands-on impressions or video before the embargo lifts, please aim to end preview coverage after approximately 20 minutes of gameplay.
Sonority is an innovative music puzzle adventure set in a lovingly designed, fascinating world. Play as Esther and discover the rockery, a place full of music and unique puzzle mechanics.
A unique puzzle mechanic using melodies
In Sonority the players explore a lost world in which music is magic and with whose help you can progress through the game.
The puzzles are solved by the correct arrangement of notes. The solution is deduced acoustically or using symbols. No previous musical knowledge necessary.
The player takes on the role of young Esther, who sets out on a journey to help a friend. Equipped with her pan flute, she reaches the mysterious rockery. But soon her path is blocked and she must use the power of music to overcome the obstacles. Not always an easy task.
In a world lapsed into silence, Esther rediscovers lost songs and mossy works of art. Naturally aided by singing stones and a talking raccoon. Yet there seems to be no trace of the legendary preceptors of music.
The further you get, the trickier the game becomes. Collect new notes and instruments to overcome even the most difficult puzzles of the preceptors.
Developed by Hanging Gardens Interactive, a newcomer team from Germany that presents a remarkable debut work with an abundance of fresh ideas.
- Interesting new puzzle mechanic based on melodies. (Simple note sequences develop into small melodies and then into complex pieces of music.)
- A touching story about Esther and an old, oddball raccoon and his singing stone friends.
- A lovingly designed, cohesive 3D game world with varied locations.
- Atmospheric, extensive soundtrack with English and German versions of original songs.
- Play with keyboard or controller.
Assets & Links:
- Trailer: https://youtu.be/efu8HLs9-fo
- Sonority press kit: ashgames.com/press/Sonority
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1432390/Sonority/
- gog.com: https://www.gog.com/game/sonority
To Help You Play Sonority
- If you get stuck and need a hint, let us know - we'll be happy to give you a nudge in the right direction!
- A walkthrough is available on request.
- Sonority will release May 25th 2022 for PC, Mac and Linux for a price of $19.99 • Euro 17.99 • £15.49.
- The game will be available on Steam, GOG, Humble Store, Mac App Store, and other online stores.
- macOS, including native M1 support
- Voice Over: English, German
- Text: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
While we're at it, here's what else we have coming up:
The Plague Doctor of Wippra
by electrocosmos • Q2/2022
by Francisco Gonzalez (Developer of Lamplight City) • Q3/2022
by Backwoods Entertainment (Developers of Unforeseen Incidents) • Q4/2022
by Common Colors • Q3/2023