Will your choices allow Catena to prosper or set it on a path to ruin?
Brighton / United Kingdom / 30 November, 2021 - Unique adventure, NeuroNet: Mendax Proxy, has for the first time released 10 minutes of exclusive gameplay. Part Your Grace, part Reigns, part Astrologaster, the original mix of genres, combined with gorgeous art, decision making and story-driven gameplay, places the game in a unique position to challenge the morality of players.
Set to launch on Steam, Epic Games Store, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS in the New Year, you control an AI charged with managing a cyberpunk called Catena. Players will need to make quick-fire decisions that impact the future and the prosperity of its citizens, with every choice and decision they take having a lasting effect on those they meet and the city’s status.
The ten minute trailer showcases just a slice of NeuroNet’s choice-driven gameplay; content players may not even encounter if their previous decisions haven’t pushed the narrative in this unique direction.
In the footage, the AI is working with a new branch of the CPA (Corporate Police Agency), headed up by Thompson, a lead Detective. Together they’re on the hunt for a human trafficker: Mueller. Previously sceptical of the AI’s value, actions and decisions taken up to this point have proven to be a valuable resource in piecing together Thompson’s cold cases. The CPA until recently didn't have enough evidence to bring him in, until now.
"You are capable of projecting the economic, social and ethical ramifications of each decision you make in real time.”
Faced with moral dilemmas as the story unfolds, this fully voice-acted adventure sees the choices you make directly change not only the direction the story takes, but also its eventual outcome.
Featuring dozens of unique characters, thousands of story events, multiple endings and a branching narrative, players are invited to answer one question: how will you save a city losing its humanity to technology?
NeuroNet can be wishlisted now on Steam and the Epic Games Store, with the iOS, Android and Nintendo store links going live soon.
- Branching Narrative: A ‘Reigns’ inspired branching narrative where player choice directly impacts the story, with some outcomes benefiting the citizens of Catena and others benefitting someone else...
- Quick Decisions: Characters pose problems that offer quick-fire decisions, but they are deceptively simple and have far-reaching repercussions. Good instincts are required to make the right choice at the right time.
- Choices That Matter: See the impact of every choice you make as your influence spreads across the city. Analyse reports and read the social media feeds of the population to observe the effects. Throughout the overarching story, your decisions will change the path and decide the outcome.
- Diverse Cast: Meet and build relationships with 23 diverse and fully voiced characters. Guide each one on their journey as they face the tough challenges life in Catena presents.
- Compelling Events: Over 5000 story events to experience, each offering choices that affect the characters you meet.
- Rich Lore: Explore the world of Catena through an expansive digital Codex packed with deep lore, engaging characters, and stunning cyberpunk environments.